Tuesday 5 April 2016

Iceland Gull, White Wags and bits and bobs!

The Porth Dafarch Iceland Gull has been a bit hit and miss recently but it was in it's usual field on Sunday (Me) and Tuesday (today, Ken). Also on the 3rd I had my first White Wagtail on the tip of the Trwyn at Cemlyn and Martin had 2 at Traeth Dulas that day. There were 3 at Cemlyn today and Cedric Lynch phoned to tell me he had a flock of 20 on Rhosneigr marsh this morning. There has also been at least 15 Med Gulls at Cemlyn over the last few days and Martin had a Hooded Crow there on Sunday. Me and Tony tried our best at Conwy RSPB yesterday for the Water Pipit coming into breeding plumage that was still there the day before, but we had no joy. We had a possible Common Sand but our views were very brief. Has anyone else had Common Sand yet? I also noticed there was a Grasshopper Warbler on Bardsey yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Not seen Common Sand at the reserve myself yet Steve. Had an early Yellow Wagtail over the other day though. Wouldn't mind seeing this Water Pipit in sum.plum. also but I think it may have moved on.

    Henerz.

    ReplyDelete