Lots of news today, probably due to the nice weather.
- The Scoter flock was at its best today with 20,000+ Common Scoter spread out from Rhos Point to Pensarn. Amongst them were at least four Surf Scoters, 3 drakes and a female, seen at various locations between Rhos Point (a drake), hotel 70 degrees and rainbow bridge (single drake, 2 drakes and female) and Llanddulas (2 drakes and a female). At least 14 Velvet Scoter were off Llandduas and 4 off Rhos Point. The drake Long tailed Duck was off Rhos Point too before flying east towards Llanddulas. Hundreds of Red throated Divers off this part of the Conwy coast.
- Chris Jones found a Black necked Grebe of Penmaenmawr this morning and was still present this afternoon. It's been a long time since this species has been sea off here. A Great Northern Diver off nearby Llanfairfechan while seven Slavonian Grebes were off Abergwyngregin.
- an immature male Black Redstart on the cliffs above the gun site on the Great Orme. 2 Crossbills over there this morning with a trickle of other finches, while the first Redwings and Fieldfares of the spring passed through here this morning. Twelve Stonechats here must have included some migrants.
- the Great Grey Shrike was at Craig Bron Bannog in the Clocaenog Forest.
- two Snow Bunting still at Red Wharf Bay, Anglesey.
- female Smew at Aberogwen, Bangor.
- 12 Hawfinches at Llanbedr y Cenin along the road leading up from the church.
- adult Mediterranean Gull in front of The Toad Hall, Colwyn Bay prom and coming to bread.
What a day!