Saturday 22 September 2012

North Anglesey Update

I had a trundle around Cemlyn this morning. There was light vis mig going on. 2 groups of 5 skylarks, lots of mippets and swallows,linnets and a few Chaffinches. A Whimbrel and a Golden Plover were the only waders of note and 5 Little Egrets including 1 ringed bird. Mark Sutton saw a Med Gull apparently fly over my head whilst I was dodging cow pats. Tony White had a Spot Fly and a Whinchat on the path down to Ynys y Fydlyn.Reg Thorpe had 2 Bonxies and an Arctic Skua but the star of the show was a Turtle dove which flew from the Reservoir at Carmel Head to the Maize field near Mynachdy farm at 1,30. At 3.50 me and Tony saw the Turtle Dove fly out of the Maize field with c.40 Woodies but I lost it out of sight as I tried to get a photo! A brief evening seawatch at Bull Bay gave some close views of Guillimots, Razorbills, Gannets and Kitts plus a few relatively showy Porpoises!

No comments:

Post a Comment