Friday 23 December 2011

RNP story


Since my chance encounter with the Ring necked Parakeet yesterday, I have been contacted by Dr Lionel Bloodsworth who lives on the estate. He took the cracking picture above. Apparently two birds have been around for quite a while and regularly feed on the garden feeders in the gardens here and seems to roost and rest in the large Spruce trees along the small track that runs parallel with the estate. The above picture appeared in the Daily Post last week and was referred to as a Green Parrot. Steve, how long has the Benllech bird been there? I could only see a female at llanrhos yesterday and as I could see Benllech from where I was, I wonder if the male has moved on. Will be good to be able to get this species on the county year list for 2012 if it hangs around.

No comments:

Post a Comment