Monday 2 January 2012

Black Redstart still in Criccieth

An ad female was infront of the guesthouses west of the castle today.  I saw it twice at around 11am and 3pm.  I didnt have my camera ready when it was perched on the front walls of the properties and on top of the prom wall but I managed a couple of pix looking down onto the beach.

Had some good woodland birds along the Afon Dwyfor- what a great bit of habitat! And 3 Greenshank on the Foryd (on that pool that never has anything on it!).  Meds at Beddmanarch from yesterdays race.  The 1st winter was metal ringed- no darvic.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Just wondered if you noticed a ring on the Criccieth Black Redstart. I can't see one on your photos. An individual was ringed at Criccieth over New Years. Maybe there's two around? Missed it again yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately no ring on this one. Good news that there are more than one around. I read from Eddie's post on NWBF that the other was east of the castle, while this was the other side. Very lucky to have them so close-one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete